Digital Products Agency
L4 Digital, a Globant Company, needed a project manager and scrum master to help manage the delivery of the Microsoft Groove music app which it had been contracted to develop by Microsoft. Microsoft Groove is a streaming music service. Matt Stanigar served as the Sr. Technical Project Manager and Scrum Master working with a 7 member scrum team that included engineers, SDETS, and a product manager responsible for building the iOS and Android versions of Microsoft Groove.
This project had three primary goals:
- Facilitate all sprint ceremonies and manage all sprint artifacts.
- Remove impediments blocking success and work to foster team cohesion.
- Achieve delivery excellence by ensuring that the project stays within budget and is delivered on-time.
- Managed the delivery process from requirements definition through development, QA, and deployment resulting in the on-time and on- budget delivery of 5 releases over 8 months.
- Managed the delivery of 5 consecutive app store releases where star ratings increased from 2 to 4.5.
- Supported senior management with weekly and monthly project status reporting and round table updates and analysis.
- Facilitated sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, client demos, and retrospectives resulting in increased team collaboration, velocity, and completion of all sprint commitments.
- Worked with the L4 account manager and Microsoft to craft statements of work including development commitments, budget, release milestones, and delivery scheduling.
- Worked with the scrum team on the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria, backlog prioritization, bug triage, and issue resolution.
- Work with QA / SDETs on test case planning, bug prioritization, and test suite reporting.