Sporting Products Manufacturer
This sporting products company is an industry leader with worldwide distribution and thousands of products sold through a network of channel partners. For years they managed all their business reporting in Excel spreadsheets that were cumbersome to produce, difficult to distribute due to the large size of files, and impossible to read on a mobile device.
This project had three primary goals:
- Implement a business intelligence solution that is easy to maintain, reduces the amount of time needed to create reports, and makes it easy for employees to create new reports.
- Enable management to interact with the reports to view data for different time periods and at different levels of detail.
- Make the reports available and on-demand through a Web browser or mobile phone.
- Conducted an initial technology assessment of reporting requirements, how reports were created, what data sources were used, and how reports were disseminated.
- Presented a recommendation to utilize Microsoft Power BI due to its ease of use, scalability, pre-existing integration hooks with multiple apps, ability to create complex custom reports, and ease of distribution through Web browsers and mobile phones.
- Designed a central data repository to aggregate data used in Power BI reports.
- Created over a dozen reports and an associated dashboard focused on KPIs.
- Trained staff how to build reports in Power BI and distribute them as Apps.
Product Launch Schedule and Performance Metrics: